How to Make Mini Rosemary Wreath Place Settings
While shopping for a dinner party, don’t forget to add table setting ingredients to your cart. Sometimes it’s the last thing on a host’s mind, but a beautiful table setting makes the first impression. I love making a mini rosemary wreath for each plate to create a natural, personalized welcome to the table. Mini rosemary wreaths dress up a modern Christmas table setting or make a gorgeous wedding place card. The accent greenery can be changed according to the seasons. Even tiny flower blossoms can be added during spring and summer. Watch my step-by-step video for how to make mini rosemary wreath place settings. Written instructions are also included below.
HOW TO MAKE MINI ROSEMARY WREATH PLACE SETTINGS VIDEO
Tools & Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Wire cutters
- Pruning shears
- Gold Sharpie
- Floral wire (available on Amazon)
- Mini clothespins (available on Amazon)
- Mini Christmas ornaments (available on Amazon)
- Rosemary sprigs
- Acorns with small branch attached
- Fresh Bay leaves
- Fennel fronds (optional)
Mini Rosemary Wreath Instructions:
- Using green floral wire, wrap the rosemary sprig to give it some strength, leaving one inch unwrapped at the top.
- Leaving the floral wire attached, gently bend the rosemary sprig to form the shape of a circle (or wreath). Layer the non-wired one-inch at the top with the bottom of the sprig. Wrap together with the floral wire to secure the circle. You can continue to wrap the wire around the wreath to make it stronger.
- Cut the floral wire, leaving up to five-inches to allow you to attach different accessories.
- Take a small acorn branch and lay it down on the wreath near the overlapped pieces. Wrap the floral wire around both the wreath and acorn to secure them together. (Accent greenery or flowers can be modified to the seasons, such as lavender in spring, fennel fronds during summer or pine in fall.)
- Take a Bay leaf and write your guest’s name on the leaf with the metallic-color permanent marker. Continue for your remaining guests.
- Secure the Bay leaf to the wreath near the acorn branch with a mini clothespin.
- Loop small ornament through the floral wire, nestle near the acorn branch, and then wrap a few times around the wreath to secure.
- Continue to softly shape the wreath into the ideal circle/shape of your choice.
I encourage you to be creative and adapt these mini rosemary wreath place settings to each season. Hope you have a fabulous dinner party.